- How do I sign-up to receive email communications from the Emerging Technologies Team?
Visit our Sign Up
page to receive email communications. If you registered as a prospective vendor you will automatically be added to our mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- What's the difference between creating a profile and signing up to receive email communications?
You can create a profile as an individual or on behalf of an organization in order to submit ideas. It's straightforward and only takes about 5 minutes. Or, you can provide your name and email address to receive email communications from the Emerging Technologies Team.
- How do I submit an idea for consideration?
Register as individual or on behalf of an organization. Once registered, log in and click the "Submit an idea" button in your portal.
- What documents are required to register as a prospective vendor?
No documents are required. If you are a Diverse Business Enterprise (DBE), you will be asked to submit your DBE certification.
- What is a portal?
The portal is your launching page for all activities associated with your submissions. You can view your proposal statuses, as well as associated data.
- How do I find out the status of my submission?
Log into your portal to view the current status of submitted ideas.
- When can I expect to hear back from the Emerging Technologies Team about my proposal?
Your submission will be reviewed at a high level to ensure completeness. If necessary, we will reach out with questions. Then it will will be reviewed by a panel of experts to determine next steps. We strive to have this part of the process completed in less than 4 weeks. You can access the current status in your portal at any time.
- What are the criteria by which ideas are evaluated?
- Is there a defined mechanism for energy savings?
- Is there a clear research question?
- Is there a proposed budget?
- Is the idea a new innovation in energy efficiency technology or delivery that requires testing outside of an existing ComEd program?
- Does this offering have lower barriers (to adoption and savings) for the customer than the average technology or delivery strategy for this application? (Barriers might include upfront costs, awareness/research/information, transaction costs/hassle factor, difficulty in installation, split incentives, product/service/contractor availability, etc.)
- What is the potential market share of this idea or technology?
- Does the idea as proposed have clear goals, an appropriate scope, and sufficient allocation of resources to accomplish those goals?
- Is the team behind the proposal a strong fit to successfully deliver the project?
- The submission process mentions a "research question." What does that mean?
The "research question" is the question that an entire proposal will be designed to answer, and upon which the scope, budget, sample size, and other variables will be based. Examples are: "How many kWh can be saved by installing a specific technology in commercial buildings?" or "What is the best way to engage a specific community?"
- Can I see examples of other emerging technologies pilots?
Yes! Visit our initiatives page to see pilots that have been selected.
- Am I eligible to propose an idea?
Yes! Whether you represent an organization or a business, or want to propose an idea as an individual, we welcome your submission.
- Who is CLEAResult?
CLEAResult is a company with whom ComEd has partnered to administer this offering.